Stuck with creating your first Psychology research assistant cover letter?
Let’s change that in a few minutes.
First, let’s take a look at what makes a good cover letter for Psychology RA.
Important parts of your Psychology Research Assistant Cover Letter
Any good Psychology Research Assistant cover letter must have the following in it:
- Research work published in Publications or a reputed journal
- Mention a relevant faculty that you have worked within the past who carries a certain weight
- Provide a short summary of your qualifications
- Mention your data and research skills
Now that we know what makes a good Psychology RA cover letter, let’s see an example that puts every best practice in place below.
Psychology Research Assistant Cover Letter Sample
Dear Mrs. Pace,
I am writing to you as I wish to apply for the position of Psychology Research Assistant at Brent University. I have spent the last 3 years extensively studying Cognitive psychology and have led research work involving study design, data collection, and analysis.
My formal education is in BS of Psychology from the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor where I graduated Magna Cum Laude. I have been published in numerous journals including the International Journal of Psychology, American Psychologist, and Journal of Health Psychology.
A quick summary of my achievements and qualifications relevant to the position are:
- Co-authored and published more than 16 academic research papers on Cognitive Psychology
- Performed research on UX of Google.com with Professor Mark Beeman of Northwestern University. The study had a direct impact over more than 10 features in Google search touching over billion users
- Designed studies, performed data collection, and cleaning of extremely large data sets.
- Currently authoring a book in collaboration with O’Reilly on Cognitive Psychology in digital products
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Check out Research Assistant cover letters